The Maryland Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) is excited to announce the release of its official “Maryland Prepares” mobile application. The app provides iPhone, iPad, and Android phone and tablet users the ability to access emergency preparedness information on the go.
“MEMA is excited about the opportunities this new app affords Maryland families for emergency preparedness,” said Ken Mallette, MEMA Executive Director. “Incorporation of this new technology adds another dimension to the State’s ability to help Marylanders stay and be prepared for emergency situations.”
Maryland Prepares enables families to make a communications plan and assess their disaster supply kit through an interactive checklist. Other features of the app include:
- View emergency preparation guides for different types of emergencies;
- Send an “I’m Safe” message via email, text, and social networks;
- View real-time alerts for emergencies, weather and traffic;
- Monitor current cyber threats and suspicious activity;
- Access Maryland Emergency Management Agency news and events; and
- View current and extended National Weather Service forecasts based on current location.
Android users via Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nicusa.MDPrepares)